Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 11 July 15th

Crossing the Snake River into Oregon

My only agenda today is to get closer to the Solvang rally.

I chose this route because I've never ridden it before and also because a friend of mine used to live in the area.

I actually went back for this pic!

Most people think that Oregon is green and rainy

But 2/3 of the state looks like this. It is very arid and only averages 8" of annual rainfall.

However, the snow runoff from the mountains provides plentiful irrigation for valleys like this to prosper.

I had a little brunch at this cafe in Rome. Sure wanted one of those Abba Zabba's, but I was good.

A nice old couple that own the place. I think they just get by. In this neck of the woods, it is called the High Life!

I was here three days before I figured out that tomorrow never comes.

You know who you are!

Pretty hill between Winnemuca and Lovelock, NV


My evening meal at the Cowbow Cafe in Lovelock, NV

A little empty when I got there......

......not so much when I left.

Ole Sherm has been a bit disappointed with his Nascar drivers. I think he is driving his own car this week.....even has a backup!

No comments:

Post a Comment