Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 9 July 13th

It wasn't too exciting when I started out today, although my hopes were high.

When I passed this sign, things started to improve quickly.

The road became a lot more fun too!


Even the wildlife got involved.

A friendly traveler even took my picture.

This is the highest bridge in the State of Wyoming

I dropped a rock from here and it took 5.2 seconds for it to reach the bottom. One of you can calculate how many feet that converts to.

I love reflections in ponds.

This must be a big pond because that is a big mountain!

This guy is from Texas and he is riding a dual sport BMW so he can also take the dirt roads.

I figured from the shape of this mountain came the name of the Beartooth Range. However, I later discovered that this one is in Yellowstone National Park.

I think this is where it transitions from the Chief Joseph to the Beartooths.

30 minute wait going in! Road Work :(

While waiting for the road crew, I took a picture of these folks from Saskatcheaun. I think that is somewhere in Russia, but they spoke very good english with a hint of Canadian accent.

It is always difficult to capture the magnificence of a setting with a picture. I keep trying. Maybe I should try harder with some of my word spelling:)

At the north end of the Beartooths is the town of Red Lodge. It is here where I turned around and did it all again.

There is always something new to see when you go the opposite direction.


Then sometimes you just take another picture of the same thing.



Tis and awesome world we live in!


I would keep passing the same people. After awhile it becomes kind of a game.

There were a lot of these pretty blue flowers

Awesome road to ride, but not a lot of room for any mistakes.


Another 30 minutes going the other way.

I entered Yellowstone through the NE entrance and there must have been 1000 buffalo grazing along the first ten miles or so.

Some of the herds appeared to be two or three hundred animals.

Not sure if this is an Osprey chick almost ready to leave the nest of just a Mama waiting for the eggs to hatch.

About a 3/4 hour wait on the grand loop road.

Tower Falls

Bezyl Hot Spring.......or something not even close to that. :)

Where the hot spring flows into the river it changes the color of the rock in the river for a ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment